Wednesday, May 7, 2008

And The Beat Goes On...

I was almost wrong regarding my predictions last night for Indiana and North Carolina (which I realize didn't get posted here, so you'll just have to trust me), so I'm a little disappointed. My educated guess was Barack Obama would win the North Carolina primary by double digits (he did handily) while Hillary Clinton would win in Indiana by single digits (which she did - barely). It looked like Obama might snatch a win in the Hoosier State, and the continued label of "Too Close To Call" on the teevee kept me up later than I should have waiting for a decision. In the end, the good news is that I was right; the bad news is that the campaign continues (even though Obama pretty clearly has this thing won), but even that isn't necessarily such a bad thing as a great many people have already elaborated on in great detail. At any rate, the ELO record stays on the shelf for the time being.

In other news, I am less bad at poker than I thought. On Saturday, Mrs. Regis organized a poker fundraiser for a professor of hers that was recently diagnosed with leukemia. I placed pretty squarely in the middle of the pack, which was fine by me considering I probably haven't played a real(ish) game of poker since before I left Laramie. The fundraiser (which also included a raffle and silent auction) was a solid success, generating better than $5,000.

And finally, I'm playing guitar at church this weekend for a friend's special music. I think it's been even longer since I've played guitar with another musician than it is since I'd played poker, so I'm pretty stoked about this. We're doing a song called "Meet Your Maker," which I assure you is a lot more uplifting than it sounds.

Put a little mustard on it,
Regis

2 comments: